So our girls still are not sleeping through the night. they have once in a while but it never seems to stick. I don't know what I am doing wrong, well actually I haven't let them cry themselves back to sleep. Maybe that's my problem, I don't know. That is why I am writing this post because I need advice on what to do. I know their schedule isn't perfect because they have four different sitter during the week. I have recently tried to tickle McKenna's face and try to get her to sleep that way instead of feeding her but she just looks more awake. And since I am so exhausted I give up and feed her a bottle and she will promptly go right back to sleep. Kaya will usually sleep through the night which is ironic because before it was Kaya who got up and McKenna who slept through the night. It seems like there is always something that messes it up like right now McKenna has a cold and so she is usually up twice a night. How did you guys get your babies to sleep?
Current stats since I am way behind
McKenna weighs 15 pounds and is the biggest clown EVER. She loves her face tickled and loves to inhale and exhale really fast to move the snot in and out of her nose. Like I said clown.
Kaya weighs 14 pounds and is so stubborn but still sweet. She loves to see her reflection on the glass from out TV stand; she gets all excited and starts laughing and screaming. She is crawling ALL over, she loves to eat bananas and is fascinated with christmas lights.
cinnamon raisin bread
15 years ago


6 comments:
Emma still doesn't sleep through the night. She has fought me on getting on a schedule. I do the best I can, but she is VERY independent. I can't just let her cry at night cuz she'll cry for hours and not go back to sleep, whereas if I nurse her she goes right back to sleep. I don't think its a bad thing though. Sorry I couldn't be much help other than telling you that I think you are doing just fine and that you aren't doing anything wrong.
We decided that crying it out was the best method for Isaac. He is pretty stubborn but it works really well and he sleeps much longer than when we try to soothe him to sleep. I hope you figure something out so you can get more sleep! Hang in there!!
Crying it out works better for Parker too. But I know its not that easy since you have two of them-
but how long do you let them cry for?
I'm not going to pretend to know what you should do. Parenthood is one of those things we figure out as we go and it's different for everybody. We did babywise with Jaedyn but had to alter it to fit our situation and that seemed to work well to help us establish a schedule. Consistency is hard esp with 4 different babysitters, I can imagine that makes it tricky. Have you tried writing "tentative" schedules for them to try to maintain some consistency in their schedule? Kids have so much growing to do too, that always seems to throw a wrench in things for a while but it's usually a phase that passes. You're doing great Mara, just hang in there!
Mara....
Give me a call....I would love to chat with you! Also, I have an auntie who has two sets of twins, and all of her children (5 of them) all sleep through the night, and have since pretty much day one, because of what she does. Anyways....I can't wait to see you! We'll be home soon! Good luck, we'll chat soon!
Post a Comment