Friday, August 16, 2013

Grant Keith Clark

My sweet little man joined our family on May 31, 2013 at about 10 am weighing 6#14 oz. I was so scared once I saw the OR room, but Gus was there with me this time and squeezed my hand through all the scary parts (epidural!). I remember Dr Leavitt telling me he could see hair at one point and I remember that once he was out he SCREAMeD the whole nursery was aware of his arrival. Gus let me see him him but more than that I got to watch Gus see him for the first time. All the worry about how we were going to take care of another baby was gone as soon as they put that sweet bundle in Andy's arms. He kept looking at me with this can-you-believe-it look! Over the next couple of days in the hospital me and Grant got to nap together and snuggle. It was so nice to have baby in the room with us. Honestly, those 3 days are some of my most cherished memories. I never got those days with the twins and I am so glad that I was able to experience them with Grant. Grandparents did an excellent jobs of making sure the girls were well taken care of. Grant 'got' the girls plush princess dolls as a present. McKenna got a tinkerbelle but the silly girl ended up not liking it because her 'cheeks were funny' (rosey) and 'they bothered' her. She was very vocal about her displeasure so Oma took tinkerbell back and we traded her for a Belle doll. Funniest part, now Mac talks about her tinkerbell and is sad because 'now I'll never get have her'. She wants her back and promises her checks won't bother her anymore. Kaya got a 'married cinderella and loves that thing more than any other toy. In fact, she wants to be married cinderella for Halloween. They both were excited for a baby brother until we had him and they realized he couldn't play with them although now they love to help with him ESP at bath time! We are so glad that he has joined us and I was right about the tornado thing he is the wigglyist baby ever!

No comments: